/ Transportation /
Transportation problems such as vehicle routing, revenue management, and the traveling salesman problem have historically defined the field of Operations Research (O.R.). At Analytics, O.R. is a core competence – our consultants are among the best-trained and most successful practitioners in the world. We have the technical expertise to solve large-scale problems and to account for the inherent variability that plagues these problems.
Furthermore, we have practical operations experience across transportation modes. Examples of the range of Analytics’ transportation solutions include:
- Fractional jets: Cutting optimization time for routing and scheduling aircraft and crews from hours to minutes.
- Trucking: Designing vehicle routing and dispatching optimization systems.
- Commercial airlines: Creating a state-of-the art fleet assignment methodology.
- Rail freight carriers: Developing a pricing optimization model that simultaneously accounted for asset flow imbalance in the rail network, adjusting prices to increase overall profitability.
- Container shipping: Optimizing the scheduling of tug boats in the Panama Canal.